3/22/2012

Photographers to follow on Flickr nikkidelmont



Nikki's work is bold, sexy, different and sometimes a little dark. So prepare yourself because when you start to see it, you won't stop. That's how good it is. The use of movement, colors and light is near perfect and her approach to subjects (others or herself) is what you can call "out of the box".

- Tell me a little about you

I graduated from Moore College of Art and Design in Philadelphia, born and raised in a suburb of the city. I studied illustration for three years. I was a junior in college when i took my first photography class. I ended up liking it so much that i switched majors in my third year and went on to graduate with 5 years of college, graduated with a Bachelors of Fine Art. I meet my husband in Philadelphia when he was studying at Temple University. We have been together for 22 years and married. I do not have children, just a little chihuahua named Mary who i love and is like a child to me.

- Is photography a full time thing or just a hobby?

Photography is a full time job and hobby, even when not working i am taking pictures. Most of my work are portraits, self portraits, portraits of friends, family and whoever i find interesting and they allow me to take their picture. I do a lot of model portfolios because i also love fashion and i would rather look at a photo with people or portraits over landscape or other. Even if i do dabble in a bit of landscape, i find people so interesting and i enjoy the outcome of the photo to see if i captured their personality. This is fullfilling to me.

- How would you describe your style?

I would say my work as a sens of fashion or style in each shot.

- Where do you find your inspiration?

I find inspiration from my friends and others on Flickr and just people in general. I love to watch people at the beach, this is where i find a lot of inspiration. Also W magazine which is a fashion magazine that always has new, fresh photographers that i like.

- If you could do a project with another photographer who would you choose?

If i could do a project with another photographer it would be Fox Harvard who is a working photographer and is also on Flickr. His work is very sensual and so creative but never vulgar.

- If you had to recommend 5 photographers from Flickr who would you choose?

Kalie Garret, Jen Violetta, Jennifer Garza-Cuen, Laura Makabresku, Neil Krug, may the circle remain unbroken and M.A.O.8. I would recommend all of these extremely talented photographers from Flickr.

- And 5 photographers outside Flickr?

Terrance Richardson, Steven Klein, Sally Mann and Dov Charney are all professional photographers who are pretty much all controversial which i like because they think out of the box. I am also inspired by them. Peter Lindberg i like as well for portrait photography.

- What would you like to be doing in 5 years from now?

Five years from now i would like to be healthy, have a studio on the beach here in Florida where i live and still be taking pictures if i'm making money or not.


Thank you Nikki!



You can see her photostream here

















Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário