1/29/2012

18 - Childhood's end

18 - Childhood's end by André Varela
18 - Childhood's end, a photo by André Varela on Flickr.

"Who are you and who am I
To say we know the reason why?
Some are born
Some men die
Beneath one infinite sky
There'll be war
There'll be peace
But everything one day will cease
All the iron turned to rust
All the proud men turned to dust
And so all things, time will mend
So this song will end"

Childhood's End by Pink Floyd

I really like the visual message in this shot. The truth is i am in love with it, because it is so powerfull to me on a personal level that when i saw it i almost cried. The title of the shot was not meant to be a copy of Pink Floyd Childhood's end, but of the ending of all childhood, when people loose that little thing that links them to their little version.
I am a lucky guy because i haven't lost that special link with my childhood.
I put the lyrics there because the song says that eventually everything ends.
I like how "Pinocchio" (one of the most iconic characters ever made) is trying to rise like he says "i'm still alive."
That's how i hold my childhood, my kid half. With strong hands so i'll never loose it.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário